POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosirty Needle [WIP] : Re: Radiosirty Needle [WIP] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:11:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosirty Needle [WIP]
From: JRG
Date: 13 Mar 2002 01:32:00
Message: <3c8ef260@news.povray.org>
Very nice model.
The materials of course need some work. Especially the glass-plastic: it looks like
you used a pretty low ior.

I would lower error_bound to get better shadows (~0.1, but it's quite slow). For this
kind of scenes try something like:

radiosity {
pretrace_start 1 (or 0.08)
pretrace_end 1 (or 0.02)
count 300 (or, better 400 or, even better...)
error_bound 0.1 (even better 0.05)
recursion_limit 1 (the sky_sphere does a good job. There's usually no need to use a
higher recursion_limit).
}

Remember to use an appropriate max_trace_level to get rid of the polka dots (actually
I couldn't find any in your image, so either you have already done it or you're not
using reflecting materials).

Anyway a very good 2nd model!

--
Jonathan.